Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Carrie Bradshaw's fans need not be disappointed as a third Sex and the City movie is inching towards reality, says lead star Sarah Jessica Parker.

The 46-year-old actress who played the popular character in the successful TV series and two movies, says they have found a story for the third movie, the Hollywood Reporter said.

"There is. I know what the story is. It's a small story, but I think it should be told. The question is, what's the right time to tell it?" Parker said.

The second movie, where the action shifts to Abu Dhabi, was critically panned for its insensitive portrayal of the Muslim world with makers indicating that they might not take the story forward.

Parker's comments seem to lend credence to the theory that a third film would not be a prequel with younger starcast.

"My Carrie Bradshaw started at 33, and I took her to 43. I didn't even want to know who Carrie Bradshaw's parents were because I thought she only existed in Manhattan. So for me, the idea of going backwards and making her less evolved ... is something that I don't imagine doing," show runner Michael Patrick King had said.

Last month, rumours surfaced that the project will feature young stars such as Elizabeth Olsen, Emma Roberts, Blake Lively, Selena Gomez as Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte respectively. Also the film will be based upon The Carrie Diaries and Summer and the City.

0 comments

Post a Comment