Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

When Priyanka Chopra was spotted in the US with Troy Carter, Lady Gaga's manager, a few months ago, obvious questions were raised about the actress's possible interest in an international collaboration.

But now we have confirmed news – Priyanka is ready to make her foray into the international music scene with the Universal Music Group and is already working on her debut album that is due to release either later this year or early next year.

According to a source, "The opportunity has presented itself and it's rather big, given the people backing it include the likes of Jimmy Iovine, who was a mentor with "American Idol", and will be working with her on this. Her international foray is being managed by Troy Carter, Lady Gaga's manager. So, it's doubly exciting for her" Priyanka said, "This is something I have always wanted to do. Everyone who knows me knows that I love singing and that's one of the things closest to my heart. When UMG met me, it seemed like the right opportunity and I agreed. It's not something that I had planned, it's something that happened out of the blue, but I am very excited about it."

When asked about how she will take out time for music considering she has five movies lined up, she said, "My movies are my priority and will always be. But my music is very important to me and this is something very few people get to do. And I want to do it well."

About the genre of music in the album, she said, "It'll be pop music for sure. It will be representative of me, my music, and the kind of person I am and the music that I like to listen to. I am writing the music myself. It will be very much from my heart."

We asked her if there'll be a romantic number in that case, and she laughed and said, "I am sure there will be balance in the songs. The music is still being worked upon and unless we finalize that, I can't comment on exactly what it will be, or what sort of a look I'll have. There's still time for that."

About Bollywood elements in the music, she said, "I don't know it exactly yet since this is an initial stage. But, I am Indian and that's where my roots are and that's certainly what I am going to represent in my music too."

0 comments

Post a Comment