Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

Ending all the speculations, actor Kareena Kapoor has confirmed that she will be playing the lead in Madhur Bhandarkar’s much-talked about film, Heroine.

“I’ve said yes to Madhur and okayed the script. Now the dates and remunerations etc are being worked out,” says the 30-year-old, of the film that was ‘shelved’ after 10 days of shoot when its heroine, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, announced her pregnancy, sending Bhandarkar into a state of ‘depression’.

No other actor dared to step into Ash’s shoes for the fear of offending the Bachchan family, a fact that doesn’t seem to bother Kapoor in the least.

“I don’t base my decisions on whether someone will be pleased or offended. I say yes to the script,” she says.

Does that mean Bhandarkar has finally agreed to all the changes she wanted in the script?


“Of course. Madhur has been quite accommodating. But frankly, I don’t know what the fuss is all about. It’s not an explosive film anyway.”

The actor has just wrapped up Shah Rukh Khan’s Ra.One, and is looking forward to the 31 August release of her next, Bodyguard, with Salman Khan.

“I’m the only actor who has managed to work with both Shah Rukh and Salman without any discomfort, despite their so called rivalry. That’s only because I’ve never belonged to anyone’s camp. I’m not here to make friends,” she says.

“I don’t go around begging anyone for a role. Both Shah Rukh and Salman must have seen something in my talent and so took me in their films.”

Talking of camps, she’s also working with Imran Khan in Karan Johar’s Short Term Shaadi, while Imran is rumoured to be rival to her cousin Ranbir.

She laughs, “I don’t care about anyone’s rivalry . Imran and I look so good together. As for Ranbir, some girls are having a field day because I can’t be paired with my brother.”

Talking of beau Saif Ali Khan, who she was recently reported to be ‘not getting along with’, she says, “Saifu and I are in a place where no one dare touch us. I’ve stopped reacting to baseless reports about our so called ‘fights’.”

Finally, a revelation: Contrary to what was widely reported, her wax figure to be unveiled at Madame Tussauds won’t bear the Chameli look.

“Not at all! The look is still a big surprise!”

0 comments

Post a Comment