Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

There's more to Kalki Koechlin's film roles than just quirkiness, rage and sleaze. But despite the attention-grabbing roles, Kalki is determined to prove that she is as good at handling drama, as playing a trauma-stricken teenager.

The actor, who is riding high post the success of Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (ZNMD), says that she is now ready to cut her teeth on commercial potboilers. "I have always thought of myself as a commercial actor," says Kalki, adding, "I've never ruled out masala films. I wanted to do a light-hearted, fun and uplifting flick, which ZNMD was. But on the other hand, it was also treated very realistically," she shares.

But despite a first-rate performance in ZNMD, big production houses aren't exactly knocking at her door. "Things don't change overnight. I don't look at a film in terms of where it will take me and my career. The script has to be believable and has to excite me," she adds.

After ZNMD, in which she got to show her humourous side, Kalki will be seen in That Girl In Yellow Boots, as a British citizen, Ruth, tracking her father in Mumbai and equipped with just a letter. "It is the toughest character I have played to date. The character comes to a different world completely and explores the Mumbai underbelly on her own without even speaking the language," she shares.

But is the film too outre for the Indian audience? "It is a niche film and not a commercial drama. But it is a very interesting story - a story of every woman who should be accepted," says Kalki. Prod her whether reports that scenes of the film - which did the rounds of film festivals - have been leaked on the internet irk her and she says, "There are always a lot of rumours about things. The release of the film got delayed because we were looking for an international release as well and it will hit the screens soon in the US."

Though she has two releases lined up, Dibakar Banerjee's political thriller, Shanghai and My Friend Pinto, Kalki is candid enough to admit that she's "not doing anything at the moment." "I am travelling with my plays, and will be starting another one soon," she shares. Shanghai has her Dev.D co-star Abhay Deol, but Kalki will be seen alongside Emraan Hashmi in the film. "I have no scenes with Abhay. I didn't see him at all on the sets of the film," she says.

As for husband Anurag Kashyap's recent remarks that it is difficult for him to watch Kalki do intimate scenes, the actor says, "Anurag only makes me do intimate scenes in his films. He has no right to complain."

0 comments

Post a Comment