Celebs Factory
Content feed Comments Feed

He may have tried to 'enlighten' the world with the whereabouts of Osama Bin laden in his first film, but musician and actor Ali Zafar's next is nothing like hit debut.

If Tere Bin Laden was offbeat cinema at its best, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan promises to be conventional, perhaps explaining why Ali seems a little unsure of 'fitting in'.

But with A-list co-stars like Katrina Kaif and Imran Khan, the actor and musician seems okay with playing second fiddle.

"I am a realistic person. I am just one film old whereas both Imran and Katrina are really big stars. I can't expect to receive as much attention as them, and frankly it's not even what I am looking for," said Ali. However, he doesn't deny that the promos that have been released do not give him as much space. He adds, "They have released a song with Imran and Katrina. I guess they have their own strategies to publicise the film." Interestingly, Ali has watched all the films of both stars. "I wanted to see the kind of work they have done," he says.

With the kind of appreciation that has come his way since his debut, Ali is more than confident that the length of the character is just subjective, and not a deterrent to his work as an actor.

"Acting is not the only thing in my life. Fame and stardom is secondary for me. I work to earn respect, be it as an actor or as a musician."

However, the one place he may not feel 'out of place' is on stage. "We are doing a series of concerts where Imran and Katrina will be jamming with me. That, I think, would be very exciting," he sums up.

0 comments

Post a Comment